Due to potential inclement weather conditions, the decision has been taken to cancel the cycling portion of this event.
The rally will still take place, but at Cathedral Square, instead of Bishops Palace.
We would ask all people who planned to attend to still do so, in support of cardiac care in the south east.
Run order of events
- 10.30am – Assembly of Cycling Ireland and Irish Club licensed riders at the Carraiganore WIT Greenway Car Park
- 11.20am Cyclists depart Carraiganore for ‘Sean Kelly Cardiac Support Cycle’ into Waterford city
- Cycle will observe all rules of the road and main junctions will be managed by Garda Traffic management outriders, some support outriders and cycling support vehicles
- The route will take cyclists in the old Cork Road, turning at RSC to Walsh Park then to Barrack street area Norris ‘s Corner, Left down to Rice Bridge, Over the bridge and around the roundabout at Plunket Station, back across the bridge and then left up the Quays to finish in the Mall area at 12 noon approx
- Route details can be found at https://www.strava.com/routes/15216585
- For recreational cyclists and children wishing to support on bicycle there will be a staging area set up on the Quay, at the Car Park area just before the Bus Office – Cyclists should wait here to be funnelled into the main cycle as it passes – there will be a stop for ‘forming up’ which stewards will organise and the complete cycle will then enter the mall together
- At the Mall, the cycle will be greeted by a waiting public audience and cyclists may choose to sit with their bikes or stand them along the wall area close to the Theatre Royal
- The Mall area will be closed to Traffic at Garda discretion
- Post arrival of the cycle there will be some photographs and then speeches to audience will commence – Some Patient experience, Clinical situation and latest developments will be discussed all designed to keep the public fully informed on the present status of the South East Cardiac situation.
- 12.50 – Rally to close with road opening to allow traffic movement and facilitate a Hospice Walk /Run event commencing at 1pm that is passing through the Mall area.
The event will have supporting personnel from ambulance service and will feature music and possibly some CPR discussion in advance of the Cycles arrival so families are encouraged to attend before noon!
Hand On Heart apologies in advance for any inconvenience or disruption this may cause to individuals planning other activity during the morning in affected areas – We hope most people will make the decision to attend the Rally in person. Where this is not possible, we hope you will make allowances for any inconvenience as we are in effect. fighting for every person’s right including yours in this region to receive equitable health treatment!