We are HEFSE
We represent the children, adults, citizens of this region, of this republic:
- We are taxpayers and contributors to the national exchequer.
- We demand equal rights to healthcare access as is afforded to every other region of this country.
- We are standing up for our rights to equal access to basic healthcare, which is afforded to the rest of the country.
Use of Coast Guard helicopter Rescue 117 in past days to transfer a heart attack patient
The use of Coast Guard helicopter Rescue 117 in past days to transfer a heart attack patient from University Hospital Waterford to Cork University Hospital yet again demonstrates the need for a 24/7 Cardiac service in the South East region. The transfer times alone are far in excess of the clinical standard given the need for aircraft re-tasking and the requirement to access non hospital campus landing sites due to the aircraft size – this contributes to excessive treatment delay and sub optimal health outcomes. The contracted Coast Guard helicopter service (5 Sikorsky S-92’s) costs the state 68 million euro […]Read More
Why the people of the southeast are being put at risk
The Cardiac Cath Lab at University Hospital Waterford (UHW) serves over 500,000 people across the southeast but only operates Monday – Friday, 9 – 5pm. All other regions in the country have 24/7 cardiac cover and Cath Lab access. Patients in the southeast who suffer heart attacks after 5pm cannot access a Cath Lab in UHW or anywhere else within the 90 minute recommended window.Read More
HSFSE – ‘Health Equality for the South East’ Needs Help
We are asking you to support:
- Our right to receive equitable healthcare.
- Our right to receive full regional health services at UHW.
- Our right to timely treatment for citizens suffering a heart attack in the southeast.
Catheterisation Labs (cath labs) are facilities in which these services are delivered
- Diagnostic coronary angiograms
- Percutaneous coronary interventions (stents)
- Pacemaker implants
- Defibrillator implants
- Loop Recorder & Pacemaker Interrogation
- Balloon valvuloplasty for narrowed heart valves