We are HEFSE
We represent the children, adults, citizens of this region, of this republic:
- We are taxpayers and contributors to the national exchequer.
- We demand equal rights to healthcare access as is afforded to every other region of this country.
- We are standing up for our rights to equal access to basic healthcare, which is afforded to the rest of the country.
Why the people of the southeast are being put at risk
The Cardiac Cath Lab at University Hospital Waterford (UHW) serves over 500,000 people across the southeast but only operates Monday – Friday, 9 – 5pm. All other regions in the country have 24/7 cardiac cover and Cath Lab access. Patients in the southeast who suffer heart attacks after 5pm cannot access a Cath Lab in UHW or anywhere else within the 90 minute recommended window.
HSFSE – ‘Health Equality for the South East’ Needs Help
We are asking you to support:
- Our right to receive equitable healthcare.
- Our right to receive full regional health services at UHW.
- Our right to timely treatment for citizens suffering a heart attack in the southeast.
Hear what FOI requests have shown in relation to Dept of Health interference in South East Cardiac issue
South East Broken Hearts Cardiac and Hospital Support Rally
Saturday 19th January, 1.45pm – 3.00pm – Glen Waterford City to John Roberts Square
Join with us on the 19th of January and let those entrusted with the care and protection of our lives and those of our loved ones know that we as citizens of this region will not ‘stand down’ until an end to patient abuse and our right to equal healthcare and 24/7 cardiac care in this region has been delivered!
Lab Distribution in Ireland
The Waterford Lab is the only 5 day service – all other centres have 24/7 cardiac cover. Click on the locations below to see cover for each area.