We are HEFSE
We represent the children, adults, citizens of this region, of this republic:
- We are taxpayers and contributors to the national exchequer.
- We demand equal rights to healthcare access as is afforded to every other region of this country.
- We are standing up for our rights to equal access to basic healthcare, which is afforded to the rest of the country.
Cardiac Cycle Run Order
Due to potential inclement weather conditions, the decision has been taken to cancel the cycling portion of this event. The rally will still take place, but at Cathedral Square, instead of Bishops Palace. We would ask all people who planned to attend to still do so, in support of cardiac care in the south east. Run order of events 10.30am – Assembly of Cycling Ireland and Irish Club licensed riders at the Carraiganore WIT Greenway Car Park 11.20am Cyclists depart Carraiganore for ‘Sean Kelly Cardiac Support Cycle’ into Waterford city Cycle will observe all rules of the road and main […]Read More
Why the people of the southeast are being put at risk
The Cardiac Cath Lab at University Hospital Waterford (UHW) serves over 500,000 people across the southeast but only operates Monday – Friday, 9 – 5pm. All other regions in the country have 24/7 cardiac cover and Cath Lab access. Patients in the southeast who suffer heart attacks after 5pm cannot access a Cath Lab in UHW or anywhere else within the 90 minute recommended window.Read More
HSFSE – ‘Health Equality for the South East’ Needs Help
We are asking you to support:
- Our right to receive equitable healthcare.
- Our right to receive full regional health services at UHW.
- Our right to timely treatment for citizens suffering a heart attack in the southeast.
Catheterisation Labs (cath labs) are facilities in which these services are delivered
- Diagnostic coronary angiograms
- Percutaneous coronary interventions (stents)
- Pacemaker implants
- Defibrillator implants
- Loop Recorder & Pacemaker Interrogation
- Balloon valvuloplasty for narrowed heart valves